The Industrial Revolution
Week of January 6
Monday - No School
Tuesday - No School
Wednesday - 1) Review syllabus, 2) Set up Google Classroom
Thursday - Begin Gilded Age project
Friday - Continue with research, ABC-Clio articles (look at the sections "A Growing Nation" and "An Evolving Nation" for information and visuals)
Week of January 13
Monday - Continue with project NHD DUE TOMORROW, BRING BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL
Tuesday - Finish project; you need to share ALL documents with our Google Group before we start tomorrow; use the following steps:
1) change the document names (simply click on the name) to
Period # - project topic - whatever that doc is - member first names
(example: 2 - Forgotten presidents - graphic organizer - Bart, Lisa, Maggie)
2) Create a folder in your Google Drive (click the checkbox next to one of your documents > click the Folder/Move To button that appears at the top of the page > click the Create new link at the bottom of the box and call the folder Period # - project topic - member first names > click Create)
3) Move all presentation documents; your blank organizer, important term list and and timeline (and any other handouts) into the folder.
4) Share the entire folder with the group by right clicking on the folder, going down to Share, then in the Invite People box, copy and paste the appropriate address from below:
First - McConnellAPUSH1@googlegroups.com
Third - McConnellAPUSH3@googlegroups.com
Sixth - McConnellsAPUSH6@googlegroups.com
Seventh - McConnellAPUSH7@googlegroups.com
5) share your completed graphic organizer with me at
IMPORTANT!! When you open the shared presentation documents from other groups, you will need to go to File>Make a Copy... so that you can take notes while the group is presenting. If you fail to make a copy, it will interfere with everyone else taking notes.
It may be a good idea to create a separate folder in your Inbox for APUSH to store everything that we share for this and future projects. To create a new folder, check the box next to a message, you will see more options appear at the top of the page. Click the button with the folder on it, then choose Create new. The new folder will shop up on the left side of the screen under More Labels.
Wednesday - Presentations
Thursday - Presentations
Friday - Presentations
Week of January 21
Monday: MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
Tuesday: Presentations, SKYWARD CLOSES THURSDAY NIGHT
Please complete the following 2 question survey.
Thursday: Finish Presentations, SKYWARD CLOSES TONIGHT 11:59
Friday: FRQ Quiz over the Gilded Age TENATIVELY, MAY MOVE TO MONDAY. Be able to answer questions on the following 3 topics:
1) "Robber Barons" vs "Captains of Industry", know J.P. Morgan, John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie.
2) Causes for the population shift from rural to urban
3) Ways farmers and workers fought the Industrialization of the Gilded Age